We are wildly excited to share that GadgetReview, a leading lifestyle gadget site, has released a list of the 5 Best Aftermarket Smartphone Insurance Plans -- and Mobile Rhino is number one!
Check out the Gadget Review's full article and see how the rest of our competitors stack up. (For even more comparisons on smartphone insurance, check out Mobile Rhino's Comparison Chart, too.)
We think the article does a great job of listing the all the important factors to consider when purchasing coverage for your smartphone. And we want to know what the most important factor is for you! Price? Cancellation policy? Replacement time? Or something else? Let us know in the comments!
We all know that this Sunday is Superbowl Sunday but, come on - this is 2013. Engaging in one form of entertainment at a time is simply not enough. We all know that you are watching the game, eating potato skins, surfing your iPad and checking your phone, all at the same time.
If you are looking for your multitasking fix during the Superbowl, here are the top 5 Apps for Football fans to keep you fully stimulated during The Big Game.
5. Bring the competition to the party by checking out the NFL Trivia app
. This app has multiplayer game mode to keep guests guessing during the few moments of down time during the game. Warning: This quiz is only for fans serious about football trivia. With questions like, “I led the league in kickoff return average. Who am I?”, you’re sure to get some stumpers.
4. A true fan cannot just show up to a Superbowl with a plain iPhone background. No one will believe your diehard status without a giant mascot or logo on your phone background. Maybe, you are still bitter about your team not making it through the playoffs? Show your pride with some seriously cool backgrounds, all available on the 2012 Team Wallpapers App
3. If you are one of the lucky few able to snag a ticket to the game, or if you are just visiting New Orleans to get as close as physically possible to the game, then you need the Superbowl XLVII Guide App
. Ticket holders can get imperative game day information right on their phones. NOLA visitors can check out Superbowl-related visitor information. Even those of us just watching from the comfort of our homes can use this app to get general game day information.
2. Every play really does matter. You don’t want to be the one who was in the bathroom when the first major play happens. Don’t be ‘that guy’ who missed the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction because you had to go get another beer. Now, you don’t have to. All Verizon smartphone owners need the NFL App
that will allow you to stream the entire game on your iPhone. The app is insurance allowing you to go to the bathroom in peace while you watch the oh-so-important game-turning moment on your phone. The only danger here is dropping the phone in the toilet. You are covered by Mobile Rhino
1. So what is our #1 football fan app? The ultimate game day companion - the CBS Second Screen
. Download the CBC Sports for iPad App and get everything you need for The Big Game in one place. You can also download the CBS Sports App
to check out stats, watch commercials, and communicate via social media during the game.
With an arsenal of apps at our disposal, we can’t wait for the Superbowl. How will you be watching Superbowl XLVII?
As Old Man Winter solidifies his grip on most of the country, it’s important to not just winterize yourself, your house and your car, but your gadgets as well. Here’s some of our favorite accessories to keep your iPhone looking cool as ice.
1. From ski bunnies to slalom experts, having some good tunes as you carve your way through backcountry runs or intermediate hills is always essential. For the skier in everyone, we recommend the Sporteer Armband. Nobody wants to lose their smartphone in an avalanche of snow, so keep your gadgets tied close to your body as you make your way back to the lodge. We gave extra points for the Sporteer Armband because it has extra room for cash, credit cards and keys to your locker.
2. Nobody wants to take their gloves off to snap a quick Instagram of a snowman or check the Web for school closings, so the Isotoner Smartouch Fleece Lined Gloves get our nod for an essential accessory pick. A conductive thread on the index finger and thumbs conveys an electrical impulse to your smartphone’s touchscreen. This product is a must-have for winter and is available in both men’s and women’s styles.
3. We all know that the colder it is and the longer we use our smartphones outside, the shorter the battery life will be. A drained battery isn’t good if you’re out on the slopes or stuck in winter weather, especially in an emergency situation. If you forgot your charger, you’re really in deep; that’s why we’re recommending Juice Buddy’s iPhone charger that simply attaches to your keychain. The great thing about this device is that it can plug into a wall outlet or a USB 2.0 outlet, so it’s versatility gets major kudos from us.
4. We don’t usually recommend using any iPhone case or accessory to scrape ice off your car, but if we did, this would be it. The mophie Juice Pack PRO Case is a durable, rugged and impact-resistant case that “packs” a battery life punch as well. Sold with a rechargeable battery that can be set to charge or stand-by, it also has 4 LED indicators to let you know how much juice is left. Now if only these guys could protect our backsides after a slip on the ice.
5. The iPhone has always been at the cutting edge of technology and fashion, but rarely do we see an accessory that blends the two like these Mod Spot Tech Earmuffs from Kate Spade. Keep your aural extremities cozy while you get your audio on.
Mobile Rhino knows that even with all the latest accessories and gear to keep your iPhone winterized, there are situations that could put your phone into permanent hibernation mode. While there are alternatives to your mobile carrier’s warranty, they might leave you out in the cold. With Mobile Rhino’s six-point protection plan we have what you need to keep your iPhone insured and protected. Find out more at mobile-rhino.com.
We did a Facebook Poll recently to find out how folks are doing with the new iPhones and iPads they got for the holidays. We anticipated that some of those devices had already met an early and unfortunate end. But the results startled even us.
According to a Facebook Poll we conducted nationally nearly 19%, or 692 of 4,362 people surveyed, have already broken the cell phone or tablet they received during the holidays. You can see the results on the Mobile Rhino Facebook page.
That is a high rate for less than one month.
At this rate, something approaching half of all Apple devices sold during the holidays may get broken by the time spring rolls around. Unless the people surveyed here had the benefit of a phone upgrade from their carrier or mobile provider, they probably paid upwards of $649 to $849 and higher to replace their now broken device -- if they had the money to do so.
It all comes back to making sure you are protected. Yes, your smartphone or tablet is fun. But it isn’t just a fancy gadget. Our devices have quickly become one of life’s necessities. We use it to store vital information and to help manage and simplify our lives. Going even one day without your phone or tablet can be a struggle.
Most mobile phone and tablet owners think that their carrier is the only solution for a broken device. There are actually a great number of insurance options (Compare protection plans for i phones and iPads here). Do you have a plan in place if something should happen to your device?
A day without your phone is a day without texting, apps, email and phone calls. All of this boils down to a day of stress and anxiety. The fear of this situation has even been given a name: Nomophobia. Even the thought of any disruption to our mobile life is enough to make us sweat! Insurance policies and warranties fail to cover most of the threats your iPhone or iPad will face, but Mobile Rhino covers them, with its 6-Point Protection Policy. Here’s how we do it:
While our phones are usually glued to our hands, how many of us have left our phone in a public restroom, or in the back of a cab? If you haven’t had this tragedy thrust upon you, chances are someone you know has. Most protection policies don’t cover loss. That’s because loss is hard to track. But we know how serious it is to be without access to your mobile life for even a few hours, so we’ve got you covered.
As a personal victim of iPhone theft, I can attest -- it happens when you least expect it. There are some great apps out there to protect your information, or lock your phone remotely in these situations, but it doesn’t solve the problem that your phone is...gone. Double check if you have a warranty -- it probably doesn’t cover theft. But don’t worry...our i phone insurance does.
3. Mechanical Malfunction
Mechanical Malfunctions are completely covered. Many warranties only cover certain types of mechanical malfunctions. For example, it may not cover camera malfunctions, or speaker malfunctions. Check your plan before committing. Just because your phone is not working properly, doesn’t mean that your warranty will cover the problem. At Mobile Rhino, mechanical malfunctions are covered.
4. Electrical Malfunction
The same goes for electrical malfunctions. If you’re phone won’t turn on, or it freezes completely, or glitches out, you are in trouble. What good is your iPhone if you can’t use it?
Not all warranty providers and insurance policies cover every kind of electrical damage.
5. Accidental Damage
We’ve all done stupid things with our phones: jumped in a pool with our phone in our pockets, dropped it in the toilet. Or maybe you simply just dropped it and it shattered. Mobile Rhino covers accidental damage to your phone.
6. Digital Life
Yes, being without your phone for 24 hours is uncomfortable, but the real trouble starts when you have sensitive information on your phone for which you are liable. Mobile Rhino includes Breach Remediation (Business), Identity Theft Protection, and Personal Privacy Monitoring. That way, if anything happens to your phone, we walk you through the steps you need to take to protect yourself.
No doubt someone on your holiday gift list is asking for an iPhone or iPad - they’re the hottest gifts of the year! And if you are feeling rather generous and full of holiday cheer, you’ll be the one to give that special someone what is quite possibly the coolest gift they will receive this holiday season.
But what happens after the holiday cheer fades away with the season and that shiny new (and expensive!) iPhone or iPad gets left on the bus, smashed on the sidewalk, or dropped in the tub? Your special someone will be stuck with either a large replacement/repair bill or only the memories of their favorite gift.
Don’t let your gift go unprotected - give yourself and the recipient peace of mind with true mobile device insurance. Mobile Rhino is an affordable, full-coverage mobile device insurance policy that is the perfect accompaniment to that great stocking stuffer.
Mobile Rhino’s 6 Point Protection Plan protects:
- Accidental Damage
- Mechanical Malfunction
- Electrical Malfunction
- Digital Life - including breach remediation, ID theft protection and personal privacy monitoring
If anything happens to your device, you will receive the same model replacement within 24 hours of filing the claim with Mobile Rhino insurance at mobile-rhino.com. Plus - your coverage is purchased and completely managed in the palm of your hand through an free, downloadable app (available in the Apple App store).
Were you already thinking ahead and planning on purchasing a warranty? Be careful - warranties often do not cover loss or theft, among the many other differences between warranties and insurance policies. (Read more about those here
You cannot live without your mobile devices. Once a luxury, smartphones and tablets are now at the core of the way you communicate, shop, share, learn and do business. Being without them, even for just hours, creates a fear or sense of detachment. But for being so vital to daily life, mobile devices often go unprotected.
Steep, out-of-pocket costs for inevitable repairs and replacements. Not to mention the threats to private information if a device is lost or stolen. But opting to protect a mobile device is also confusing. The warranties and service contracts that crowd the market limit consumers with expiration dates and holes in their coverage, especially around loss and theft. Other mobile insurance plans also lack in their coverage and often come as an up-sell from the sales associate behind the counter, not a true insurance professional.
Enter Mobile Rhino. Mobile Rhino is the only true mobile device insurance product, available for sale through licensed insurance agents, that offers a full 6-Point Protection for iPhones and iPads. Mobile Rhino protects the mobile lives of consumers by offering coverage for:
- Accidental Damage
- Mechanical Malfunctions
- Electrical Malfunctions
- Digital Life – ID theft protection, personal privacy monitoring, and breach remediation for loss and theft.
Available through the App Store, it takes less than 5 minutes to protect your mobile device through Mobile Rhino. The app puts you in complete control of your policy – you can cancel at any time and manage multiple devices from one interface, making it a perfect solution for any family of Apple fans.
And we really, really believe you shouldn’t be without your phone. Mobile Rhino takes “nomophobia” seriously. After a claim is made online, Mobile Rhino guarantees that the device will be replaced within 24 hours.
We’ll have plenty more to discuss. In the meantime, check us out on iTunes